In order to maximize the value of IJLSSR publications to authors, users and the IJLSSR, the following IJLSSR copyright policies shall be applied throughout the IJLSSR:
1. IJLSSR shall serve and protect the interests of its authors and their employers.
2. All technical, educational and professional publications of the IJLSSR, except newsletters, but including Society and Technical Council Newsletters, are required to be copyrighted by the IJLSSR.
3. Copyright shall be held by the IJLSSR and not any of its organizational units.
4. The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Office is responsible for the administration of all IJLSSR copyright matters under these policies and the procedures which shall be specified in the IJLSSR Publishing Group Magazine. This includes obtaining the copyright registration, handling reprint and republication requests, maintaining copyright records, and administering fees when appropriate. The Intellectual Property Rights Office may, at its discretion, delegate some or all of its copyright implementation responsibilities to other IJLSSR departments if they have significant publishing activity, subject to procedures approved by a member of the IJLSSR staff, as designated by the Managing Editor.
5. Third-Party Rights to Reuse IJLSSR-Copyrighted Material. Licenses and permissions to use IJLSSR copyrighted material (abstracts, full original article etc.) for commercial or other non-IJLSSR related purposes may be granted under terms approved by the IJLSSR Publication group and Editorial Advisory Board.
6. Fees for the reuse of IJLSSR material are appropriate for contributing to the cost of original publication, especially where the reuse involves the republication of material, or any commercial uses.
7. Prior to publication by the IJLSSR, all authors or their employers shall transfer to the IJLSSR in writing any copyright they hold for their individual articles. Such transfer shall be a necessary requirement for publication, except for material in the public domain or which is reprinted with permission from a copyrighted publication.
8. In return for the transfer of authors’ rights, the IJLSSR shall grant authors and their employers’ permission to make copies and otherwise reuse the material under terms approved by the IJLSSR Editorial Advisory Board which shall be specified in the IJLSSR Magazine.
9. After IJLSSR accepts the work for publication and the copyright has been transferred, changes or revisions to the work shall not be made without further review and approval.
10. For jointly sponsored conferences, which might require special copyright arrangements, those arrangements shall be made in accordance with the procedures which shall be specified in the IJLSSR Magazine.
11. Copyrighting Electronic Information shall follow the electronic information dissemination procedures, which shall be specified in the IJLSSR Magazine.
12. The IJLSSR Magazine or its authorized designee shall consider the allowance of any exceptions to these Copyright policies.